A PHILADELPHIIA LANDMARK
Established in 1899, “Dante & Luigi’s, corona di ferro” is one of the oldest existing Italian restaurants in the United States.
Situated in the heart of the Italian Market district, it was once the destination of Italian immigrants arriving in Philadelphia. Unable to speak English, they arrived on the docks with the name of the restaurant written on a scrap of paper and pinned to their lapels. They were given lodging in the upstairs rooms and work in the restaurant.